Friday, February 7, 2014

Blog 7: Independent Component 1 Approval

1. Describe in detail what you plan to do for your 30 hours.
  • In addition to my hours with the Design and Construction Committee with the organization Habitat for Humanity, I will be also contributed my hours from my mentorship onto my independent component hours. So for my mentorship hours at ACE, we will this year be compiling an end of the year project in which we as a group will design a required design for a movie theater. In our meetings over the course of a few months we will be establishing floor plans, learning how to use the scale system, creating a to scale 3-D model, using how to use drafting programs to graphically design the building's layout, and presenting our model to other ACE teams as well as a corresponding audience.
2. Discuss how or what you will do to meet the expectation of showing 30 hours of evidence.
  • In order to prove I have completed my thirty hours I will continuously take photos to keep up dated on my progress. I will also take notes during each meeting, of important notations that apply to ACE end of the year project or any details associated with my essential question. In addition, I would also like to use art work as evidence to show progress in my design theory and also create designs of my own by using the designs I am exposed to during our mentor meetings.
3. And explain how what you will be doing will help you explore your topic in more depth.
  • Once the our ACE team gets more in depth with the architectural design of the movie theater, we can implicated more nature and eco-friendly design. This usually comes after the floor planes and the structural planes of the building, and then I can suggest more integrative design methods that would promote a more natural earthy tone of nature that is as well eco-friendly. Since I am thinking that one possible answer into incorporating nature into a design can be through the use of eco-friendly design plans, which I will be pushing/persuading my team members into seeing the benefits of the designing in and around nature.  

No comments:

Post a Comment