Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Blog 6: Second Interview Part 1

1. Mentorship in progress

On Thursday the 19th, I will currently be switching my mentors. Tomorrow I will be joining the ACE Mentorship Program in Pasadena at Marshall Fundamental High School. There I will meet other high school students who are interested in Architecture, Engineering, and Construction; in addition to licensed practitioners in Architecture, Engineering, and Construction, known as our mentors. Over the course of the year each ACE team will undergo an annual design project, visit professional offices and tour construction sites, etc. Due to the fact that I am switching my mentors, I will postpone the answer to my first question, and later add an additional blog stating the background information of my mentor.

2. Background questions:
  • What is your educational background, and what did you specifically major in?
  • What is your past design philosophy?
  • What sets your Architectural firm apart from other firms with similar experience?
  • Based on your past experiences, how would you as an architect effectively and efficiently run a firm?  
  • When you are promoting your business and yourself, what are some good tips to sell/win over your clients?
  • How do you effectively balance business with ethics when working with clients, construction workers, and engineers?
  • In your experience, what is the easiest way to consult with engineers and construction managers when coming to an agreement on certain design changes?

1 comment:

  1. These work...sometimes your phrasing could be improved. Make sure to proofread, and come for an appointment with me if you need help.

    ReplyDelete