Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Blog 7: Independent 1 Component Approval

1. Describe in detail what you plan to do for your 30 hours.

Recently I have been working/volunteering with Habitat for Humanity, (non-profit organization that provides housing for low-income families) the Pomona Valley H.F.H. Volunteer Coordinator Morgan Sternquist, explained to me that Habitat has a Design and Construction Committee. The Design & Construction Committee meets the 2nd Wednesday of every month at 3p.m. Our committee consists of volunteers, board members, artists, and licensed engineers as well as architects. During the meetings we as a committee will be discussing current and future activities happening on each different construction site. Currently, this month Habitat will be constructing the Green Design build in the city of Walnut, we as a committee will be discussing the Walnut design and also consider the city requirements. By joining this committee I expose myself to design project ideas, experience how to construct an idea, and tie my achieved knowledge in design into my essential question.

2.   Discuss how or what you will do to meet the expectation of showing 30 hours of evidence.

In order to prove I have completed my thirty hours I will continuously take photos to keep up dated on my progress. I will also take notes during each meeting, of important notations that apply to Habitat job sites or any details associated with my essential question. In addition, I would also like to use art work as evidence to show progress in my design theory and also create designs of my own by using the designs I am exposed to during our committee meetings.

3. And explain how what you will be doing will help you explore your topic in more depth.
On my own time, I will take several visits to pre-existing sites and take a sketch book in order to allow myself to analyze different architectural designs, and how to incorporate natural surroundings with in a design. I will specifically focus my attention on the design factor in my research, as well as asking key questions from professionals in the field how I could research my topic in a deeper depth.

No comments:

Post a Comment