Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Blog 3: Topic Choice and Semester 1 ESLR Goals

1.  List your topic here: Architecture
2.  What do you plan to do this year to show growth in each of the ESLRs?  Be specific and use an example.  Examples can come from senior project, model assembly, core, and/or participation in senior class ASB or other organizations on campus (clubs etc).

  • I-poly Citizen:  
    Presently I have completed one hundred hours of community service and still working on completing the other half. By self-motivating myself and showing an initiative, I will follow through with meetings at service learning hours, through the effective use of time managing my schedule. This year my goal is to not have a reputation of coming to class late and being absent. With that in mind, I will manage my time wisely so that way I don't over tire myself to be absent the next day or be tardy. In addition, I myself would like to participate more in the I-poly community whether it be joining a club or committee. I have not yet decided on how to contribute my time, but I will take the time to ask where my help is needed by the office or my teachers.
  • Effective User of Technology:
    As of right now my skills in Technology are pretty average. Although I am having a bit of trouble with my blog since it is a new website I have never used. By developing my skills in technology I can hone the skills of utilizing and producing a web page and creating a short film adaption. I will encourage myself to ask questions from my classmates or from my teachers on any technological problems from my blog, to find a creditable source that supports any of my points within projects.
  • Effective Communicator:
    Over the years I have realized that being an effective communicator is one of my weakest points. Having come to realistic terms, I propose that it is necessary to overcome my fears since it will affect my occupational goals. With this in mind, listening to someone without interrupting while they're talking is a major objective for me. Furthermore the ability to send clear verbal and non-verbal messages, through conversing with some in person/on the phone or being able to send a clear and concise email covering all major points.
  • Effective Learner:
    In order to effectively and efficiently complete all my tasks at hand for this year I will invest in buying a planner. In addition, demonstrating originality and problem-solving skills in my senior project will essentially benefit me in the long run; by setting me apart from other Architect majors competing in the same field of study. As well as working on my problem-solving skills when answering the essential question (in my senior project), will establish a logical and analytical mind set when addressing and solving issues.
 
 

          

No comments:

Post a Comment